We offer specialist underwater video and photography services.
A common misunderstanding with underwater filming is that above water video and photography skills are easily transferred underwater. In reality, you need excellent diving skills to excel at underwater filming and it takes many years to develop these skills through training and experience. Our in-house underwater video and photography team has over 4000 dives between them and 50 years combined diving experience, with qualifications up to Open Water Instructor level. We have been filming professionally underwater since 2003.
Our underwater video and photography division was initially set up to meet the demand in Dubai and the Gulf region for high quality underwater filming and photography services at a time when the region was growing fast. One of our early projects was for Nakheel, filming marine life on Dubai’s manmade islands, the Palm and the World.
Today our team work globally on underwater filming and photography projects and we also sell our underwater footage and stills in stock libraries.
We cater to a wide range of client requests, budgets and ambitions, producing work for magazines, television channels, production companies and businesses. We produce documentaries shot almost entirely underwater, as well as underwater sequences for inclusion in television programmes, short films and television commercials.
- For photography we use the Canon 5D Mk3 with an Aquatica housing and a selection of wide angle and macro lenses
- For video we use the PMW-200 HD XDCAM broadcast quality camera with a Gates housing and SP44 Super Wide Angle Port
- We have two Canon 5D Mk3s with Aquatica housings, should a two camera shoot be required or a more lightweight DSLR camera better suits the brief
- We add value by using underwater camera operators who are experienced film directors
- We offer a facilitation and pre-production service to assist production companies with the sourcing of underwater locations, boats, models and props
Recent underwater films produced by Seraph Production
Check out our films below.
Did you know that our underwater footage and photos are available to purchase through leading stock libraries?
We have over two thousand video clips and photos on Shutterstock and we’re adding more all the time!